Following are the policies for doing business with Kimberly M. Marsee LLC:
- Client/patient is expected to provide clear and current communication to the therapist regarding his/her health concerns, goals, limits, diagnoses, pain tolerance level, personal comfort level and contact information.
- Client/patient is expected to provide a prescription for massage therapy from their preferred medical practitioner at the earliest convenience. Currently, Ohio sales tax (7.5%) is required of massage therapy services not prescribed by a doctor. Everyone needs massage for better health. So please join me in reducing our tax liability!
- Therapist will not share client information without written permission.
- Appointments will be limited to the schedule and time allotted. If the client/patient is late, perhaps it will work out that there is no appointment after yours and the therapist is willing and able to spill into the next hour. Otherwise, please be considerate of the therapist by covering the full cost of the committed time.
- Appointments may be rescheduled or cancelled without consequence, given at least 24 hours notice. Otherwise, the full cost of the appointment is expected. Exceptions include: death in the family or inclement weather to the point of advisory level 1.
- Appointments may be traded between clients with notice to both client and therapist.
- If the scheduled therapist cannot keep the appointment, another on our team will be consulted to fill in, pending client agreement. Otherwise, the appointment will be rescheduled and if necessary, appropriately compensated.
- Certificate must be presented at the time of service.
- All gift certificates are good for 3 months from the date of purchase.
- If it is not used within that time, the purchaser has 1 month to redeem the gift.
- Cash, check, credit, debit or health savings cards are accepted and expected at the time of service.
- Trading of goods and/or services will be considered and individually negotiated.